Roger is poor and lives with his mother, who is a monster truck driver. Due to the fact that he repeated the sixth grade about three times, he is about 14-15 years old. He has a cat named Stinky and appears to be loving with his family despite the fact that he is rude to most kids in school. His three best friends are Ned Cauphee, Willie White, and Boomer Bledsoe. He also develops a crush on Doug's older sister Judy Funnie.
Relationships With Other Characters
Although Roger has three best friends who are loyal to him (unless they are afraid of getting in trouble), most people in Bluffington dislike him due to his bullying and obnoxious behavior. He doesn't seem to mind this reputation, however, and revels in it, unless he wants to impress a girl.
Doug has known Roger from the first day he moved to Bluffington in the 1st episode, Doug Bags a Neematoad. Roger and his gang tried to trick him into believing that he could be a hero by catching a Neematoad at Stintson's Pond. Roger calls Doug by his last name Funnie most of the time. Whenever Roger needs his help, he acts nice and calls him Doug. He goes out of his way to bully Doug, which includes dropping by his house for seemingly no reason in the middle of the weekend, just to tell him he can't dance, in the 2nd episode, Doug Can't Dance. Despite this however there have been some instances of friendship between them. This was shown in the episode Doug Saves Roger when Roger turned to Doug for help when Lamar Bone's nephew, Percy, constantly bullies him, even worse than how Roger does it to Doug.
It can be assumed that Roger has a crush on Patti but more importantly, she is the reason he passes most of his classes. Patti, however, does not appreciate Roger's rudeness, and while she gets annoyed by him sometimes, she still considers him a friend.
Like with Doug, Roger also torments Skeeter by calling him Skeetface or Mosquito.
Beebe hates Roger with a passion, especially when she goes broke and Roger becomes rich.
Roger seems to be on neutral terms with Connie, although she develops a crush on him in the Disney series. On one episode, Roger dared Doug to take off her hat when she had a bad hair day. And when Doug refused and got kissed by Patti, Roger ended up taking off Connie's hat and she punched him in the stomach.
Boomer, Ned & Willy
These three knuckleheads are part of Roger's gang - Roger being the leader. They all get dragged into his schemes, and usually abuses them to do what he wants, and when he gets in trouble, his gang members ditch him.
- Besides Doug and Porkchop, Roger is the only character who has appeared in every episode of Season 1.
- It's possible that Roger might be dyslexic or semi-illiterate as shown in a few episodes (Doug's Secret Admirer, Doug's Runaway Journal, and Doug's Big News).
- Roger finds out, along with Doug, that his cat Stinky is a mom of the kittens in Doug's Fat Cat.
- In a interview with Billy West, he said that Roger is now grown up and in jail. (He did not say the reason though.)
- In the episode “Doug on T.V.” Roger was on the show “Kiddie Korrall” under the cowboy name “Rowdy Roger” because his grandma made him do it and she still thinks that he’s a 2-year-old.
- Despite his grades being horrible, Roger is far from being stupid or untalented. Roger has been shown multiple times to be something of a renaissance man as he quite gifted in the arts such as painting, acting, ballet dancing and playing instruments.